Technology Showcase Event
Newcastle University, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
14 September 2010
Newcastle University offers industrial companies unique know-how in a variety of technologies for harsh environments including sensors, electronics, through metal communications, wireless sensor networks and underwater communication and control systems.
This event will showcase through technical presentations and demonstrations some of the key features of EXTREME technologies including the following:
- Remote control of underwater vehicles using acoustic communications
- High temperature (up to 600C) and high radiation compatible silicon carbide sensors and electronics including RF circuits
- Next generation underwater acoustic modem technology
- Through metal communication at video rates (up to 1 Mbit/s)
- Field tested wireless sensor networks
EXTREME technologies have numerous applications in several different industrial markets including:
- Civil Nuclear, Aerospace, Defence and Security.
- Oil & Gas. Power Distribution and Energy Conversion.
- Subsea and Offshore/ Marine Communications.
- Shipping, Asset Management and Location.
- Environmental and Structural Integrity Monitoring.
- Building Automation and Control.
- Medical Radiotherapy.
This event is designed for scientists, engineers and managers who will benefit from attending this event in the following ways:
- Meeting with internationally recognised technologists in this field.
- Technical presentations on EXTREME technologies and applications.
- Live technology demonstrations.
- Learn about tech transfer, R&D grants, and funding support.
- Tour state-of-the-art university labs & test facilities.
For further information and registration details, please click here.
Added the 05 July 2010 in category Innovation events